Sunday 17 March 2013

Cape Town and Rise Against..

 

8 July 2012 I turned 30 and was gifted a ticket to Cape Town. I have not been there since about 2001.. and I really wanted to go (and I was quite vocal about it). Then yes, life happened giving me an excuse every time why I could not. Until they finally convinced me in a group Skype effort to just go in March. My brother had a ticket for me to Ramfest.. so what was my excuse. So I went. And I loved. Cape Town. Ramfest. Rise Against. Road Trip and just everything. Right down to the dash to the airport from the V&A Waterfront! Sadly (or gladly) we made the flight.. And I was back in Gauteng on Tuesday..
 
Starting with a neighbourhood lunch at the Sidewalk Cafe. This place was perfect - window seats, quirky houses, food and wine with a view.
 
 
After lunch at Sidewalk Cafe, we went to V&A for the cliche Coke pose and a beer at the waterfront. Then came the good part - road tripping 170km to the farm where the music festival was being held. Perfect blue skies, beach scenes. And posing on Chapmans with the sea as a background (picture with my younger brother). 
 
We got to the music festival at around 17:30. Just in time to see the perfect sunset over the mountains. And what a happy group of people. I am over sandy music festival camping - but they did it all perfect. Food galore (pizza, hamburgers, vegan, braais etc), no queue bars, four stages, and Rise Against. I won't lie and say that I have loved this band for all eternity, but I have loved them since my brother sent me the exact song I needed to hear and the exact right moment. That was in the mid 2011/12. I've known the band, but then I started loving. And their concert was everything I wanted. I paced myself throughout the day and night to be sober enough to enjoy, and this left me not on the level of crazy of some of the other festival goers, but (huge BUT). I was able to enjoy the band and the songs. And yes, there was a tad of emotion. Who would have predicted that!
 

/


After the festival we drove back to Cape Town.. and stopped at Hermanus. Initially I believe it was for breakfast but we only ended up leaving after 16:00. Perfect.
 
Monday it was me. The city of Cape Town and a car. I started on top of the mountain. I went to Hout Bay, Camps Bay. Drove along the coast with my windows opened. And just took it all in. 

Do I wish I could have been there longer? YES! Did I almost change my ticket to the next day? YES (just a moment after checking in while walking along the waterfront). But I loved every second.

And I got to come home to a new job and my 3 with all smiles and hugs. Planning our next trip. Next time I will not just pack my shoes with plans to clim Lions Head. I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment