Thursday 7 March 2013

Some excitement and overdue flights..

This weekend I am going to Cape Town. Alone. No kids.

My heart will probably break, and I will miss them like crazy (I have not been apart from them for more than a night almost ever and they are 5, 5 and 6). But as I have been told repeatedly, and actually know. They will be fine. And I will be fine. They will have fun. I will have fun. Plus, I get to look out where we can go when I take them with me next time. The next time will be soon... I made a pinky promise.

This week has left me a little short on inspiration. And I didn't want to do heavy posts again. I am over heavy subjects.

We have had a quieter week. Just normal run around between school, me looking for work, ballet, chess, cheerleading, concerts, walks, train rides and getting caught in the rain.

The power went off, so we had a nice romantic candle lit night.

 And bunnies on the wall. Our friend brought a ton of some of her old toys for the girls to play with. We had fun with wigs, sewing by candlelight and playing around with new Barbies and a friend for our Ken. He is also finally dressed again (he lost his swimming trunks years ago and has since just worn dresses!). He now wears a ruffled shirt, speaks french and does yoga.





 Our neighbourhood zebras coming to say hi.
 We got caught in a terrible rainstorm. I ran to the first class I saw, knocked and asked if we can wait the storm out. There was a few lightning strikes that was a bit close to home.. and I'm not supposed to show (that much) fear! Otherwise it scares them more.. between four walls we could relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment