Monday 12 November 2012

Laughter and Fringes

I've mentioned the embarrassing moments I have in my life, and not just lately, I've always had my share. This morning was such a laugh.. I had to give the teachers a disclaimer that anything they say today is not from me. Well. Not out loud.

So I've been explaining the last year or so that I will get married again at some point.. but it wasn't something we discussed a lot because they didn't really ask a lot. Now that their dad is dead, they did ask it again. I overheard the twins asking my eldest if Mom can marry again (get a new boy for our family - their words). They have a few friends and even a teacher with similar scenarios, so it's not so bad in their eyes. So I also discussed it with them again.. and now they are in full wedding planning mode. Not ideal when I am dealing with family. :)

So this morning on the way to school, they asked again. When are you getting a new boy for us mom (they even decided that I will have a new baby for them to play with with said new boy)?. Then they started getting really loud and excited - they decided I needed to get a new boy today. And not just any boy. A boy who plays guitar (at least they know me), and has a "opstaan kuif" (a gelled up fringe), with the rest of his hair flat. Like a guy we saw at a concert a while ago. And can I call him, today please.

I had to quickly explain that is does take a bit longer than that! But yes of course, if I do meet a guy like that and we like (and later love) him and him us, of course we can get married! And yes, they will be flower girls.

I can just imagine what some people will think when they hear that their mom is looking for a new boy. For them it will feel like it is too quick, some of them always forget the last few years. Very convenient for them, not so much for me.

At least I have a more specific type of boy to look out for now. And maybe add to a online dating profile. 30-35, SWM, must love kids, fun, coffee. Intelligent and active, oh, and you must gel your fringe upright. Guitar a bonus. We prefer dark hair.

I secretly wish it can be sooner rather than later. I'm miss having a partner to join in on the fun we have. And kisses and hugs. I do miss those..

No comments:

Post a Comment