Monday 3 December 2012

A question I stumble on..

This title may mislead you to believe that I only stumble over one question. Trust me. I am a stumbler. But for this post I want to touch on one stumble block, which can probably explain a lot about my current career junction.

I received a invite from one of my best friends from high school. Her husband is turning 30 and the theme is to dress up like what you wanted to be when in school. Easy. Or not.

I wish I was one of those people who can think back and have this definite answer. When I was in matric I was involved in a lot of things (sports, groups, concerts, camps etc etc) but I never had a definite answer. There were times when I had one of the tried and tested answers ready for when the question came up.."Doctor", "Accountant", "Marketing", "Marine Biologist" etc etc. Later it became more of a definitive with people (that is still true). This was one of the reasons I decided on a gap year in Ireland and was all set to go when the University bug bit me. Everyone was preparing to go off. And I've always wanted that for myself too. Two years later, and two course changes I dropped out and started working.

The work I did became the job I love today (well last week as my project ended on Friday). In various forms I have been doing work in the same industry for the last 10 years. Admin, Grants Officer, Assistant Accountant, Facilitator and last two years on Projects as a coordinator.

But all this still leaves me with a wardrobe crises.

My kids at least have it figured out. And I'm kind of with Kristi on this one. That is the one thing I always knew. I wanted to be mom, and a young mom. But that doesn't make for a exciting wardrobe!



No comments:

Post a Comment