Sunday 2 December 2012

The "Ask for less, not nothing" plan.

Wine in 2012. I have always loved the odd social glass of wine. I'm a "Long hot day, beautiful summer day, sunset outside with the kids playing on the curb and me chatting to the neighbours" kind of wine drinker. Living alone a bottle of Odd Bins  from Checkers lasted me more than a week.

Enter 2012. I moved in to my parents (my old family home) sometime in March 2012. I was hoping for a temporary stop over after our rental sold, but ended up being the best place to be with all the life that has happened to me and us the last 3 odd months (car crashes, hospital stays, scans, threats of health and death, you get the drift).

But back to wine, as I do not like whine. My family home is warm, friendly, open. There is multiple braais, long chats around the table. AdventuresBoth my parents are just at home and outside, sport people (sport watching for my dad, actual sport for my mom). This includes wine. And I will not go on the defensive, as I see all the posts. All the comments. And I know most people crack open a beer, stop at a pub, buy wine when travelling farms etc etc. But I have never in my life just did this almost daily wine drinking. And for a while it was fun (OK it still is) but if I am serious about health and fitness some cuts have to be made.

Now back to my genius plan. I know the festive season is not the best time to cut out all things alcohol. But I also can't wait until January. So I thought it is easier to go for healthier eating (easy when out being active with the 3), running more (aiming for at least 3 - 4 times a week, AT LEAST), then the wine. No more daily wine, but if I feel like it was a long deserving day, or if I am sitting somewhere on a mountain top overlooking nature, or around a festive table, saying no would be hard. But I can say less.

I know my plan sounds full of holes. But my mind is set and my heart strong. And I know me. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment