Friday 11 May 2012

Blogging and Peaking

You know that feeling when your life is so busy that you have so much you want to blog about, but when you open the page to actually write something.. nothing.
This has happened probably three times this week. I won’t spend a blog post apologising about not blogging. This isn’t the only part of my life where I “peak” at the wrong times..

Exercise and work inspiration. Another two parts I peak at all the wrong times. And I am not even sure if peak is the right word. But I’ll get all inspired to run at about 9 or 10pm. I’ll be all Rocky like (well I have Rocky in my head running up the steps fist in the air..), committing myself to a run as soon as I am back from work. And then that little thing that I like to call my luck, or life, happens. I loved that show “My so called life”.. A young Jared Leto and Claire Danes.. But that is switching topics. So here I am, committed to run after work. And this is where the tricky part comes in, being single with kids, means as much as I love myself, my “to do” list tends to be low priority. All it takes to derail my good intentions is 5 minutes extra in traffic, that results in me only getting to school pick up 1 of 2 a few minutes late... you can see how this becomes a domino effect. As stated above, as much as I make time for myself and don’t deny me me-time, I also can’t postpone or ignore some things. And honestly I don’t mind because seriously their happiness equal my happiness.

That’s when these words leave my mouth: “That’s OK. I’ll start tomorrow”. And we all know what happens then. All of the above ending in “tomorrow” all over again. This cycle is basically on repeat in my life. I do break out of it with the occasional spontaneous run or road race. I just wish I didn’t have to break out of anything. I just want it all to be “just part of my everyday”. I like the idea of me as one of those super moms. Not the hectic type that ignores fun and leaves no room for random things, but just that happy go lucky type that gets all the kids up, makes breakfast, cleans up, looks so put together, get the kids to school, after school activities, goes to gym in lunch, makes dinner, haves fun etc etc. I know I’m 88% there. I’m just missing the gym or run regularly part. And the ALWAYS looks put together, I know I have jeans and hair in a pony days. Not going to lie.

Oh, did I mention that I’m basically doing all this alone. As much as I’m 100% with my life now, I know the last  12% will come with a someone in my life. Current status: content if a little restless. But always happy. How can I not be?

No comments:

Post a Comment