Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother

This post can go one of two ways.. cheesy hammering on about the joys of motherhood. With quotes and tales. I can do that easily because that is my life. They are my life. I'll stick to some funny stories about what happened today..



My weekend lead to the unfortunate coincidence that the kids were not with me this morning, butwith their dad. We had too many parties on Saturday.. so it just had to be that way. Happy ending? I slept until.. wait for it... 8am! I can't even remember the last time I slept until 8. And I stayed in bed until 9 reading. So the saying is true, every cloud do have a (tiny) silver lining. I also took a long, very long bath.

I decided to lend a hand in the kitchen and wash some dishes. My mom walks up and says "No, don't. It's mothersday. I' do it". I replied: "Ah, yeah. And you are MY mom". We were at a bit of a catch 22. My dad was in the kitchen, but it seems he has some selective listening problems. He missed his que to offer to do it.

Oh, and the story continues. My brother has taken to bed with a serious case of manflu. He came to the house, only to collapse on the couch just in time for the F1. If he didn't look like death warmed up I would have thought he just wanted to watch tv. And then my dad started feeling off midway through the braai. So in the end we (the 5 girls including the 2 moms) ate by ourselves.It was delicious. Prawn starters and a huge deboned leg of lamb with potato bake and salad.

I'm happy to report that stuff like this does nothing to ruin our day. It was still fun, the food tasted great.

I actually just fell asleep. So good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment