Tuesday 29 May 2012

Parties for friends

This might sound funny, and believe me it sounds funny saying it out loud as well or even thinking it, but I am starting to "feel" grown up. Wait, and hear me out.

I have had no lack of grown up responsibilities. I'm not recapping it all, recap yourself. But this last year funny things have started happening to me. Like starting to love Brussels Sprouts. I'll give you a  moment..

I've had all the usual. University, full time job from age 21. Marriage, kids, school etc etc etc, but I was still (and well still am) this "young adult" under 30. I love being the fun parent who can enjoy things with my kids. But this is new. I love cooking. I love planning parties for other people. I love Brussel Sprouts for petes sake!

So I have a friend. A very good friend. One might even say a best friend. And she is having a baby. I was asked to help plan the kitchen tea. And I love it.

I'll keep you posted how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment