Tuesday 29 May 2012

Earning a lot, working for nothing and bad movies

So I have come to the conclusion that I am not having the best year, but it is looking up. Now I need to pray and hope and maybe use some magic powers to get my patience to stay.. well patient. Because living with the parentals, for however short time is not easy. I'm keeping my eye on the prize.

So let's recap. Married. Three cool kids. Divorce. Work. Then no work. Now 1.25 jobs. Moved out of house. Single. Think that covers 99% of my story in short. As usual, when looking for work and waiting for good news, nothing happens for weeks on end, and then everything happens at once.

I had to choose: Go back to the project work I absolutely love at great pay. Downside, contract work with limited time. Stay with the company that wanted me to start the department for them. The good, it would have been permanent after probation. The bad: Half my usual pay and the owners are the smuggest people you will ever meet who don't listen to you. So when the choice was given I took option A. And I hope this time completing the project successfully will mean that I can continue working there and not skip 4 months (worst time ever) between every project.

This is where the "earning a lot, working for nothing" comes in. Fast fact about me: I hate telling people "No". I am what they call a people pleaser. I am no walk over, but when it comes to some business choices I can not say no.  I can not just tell a company "No, you are not registered with us so call this xx number and make it their problem". I have to hear how frustrated they are, and try to help. So for now, I am loving what I do. I just do more than I should. And I don't mind. But if I was a ruthless person I can charge for what all the extra help. But alas. I am kind.

To counter act my extremely hard working business side, I have a love for bad movies. I know most of humanity will consider most of my movie choices bad since I have a love for the predictable romantic movies, but I am talking about my love for really, really bad d-grade movies. I am talking those really bad sequels starring huge sharks and anacondas. Those movies that are so bad it is good. Sharks vs crocodiles. Two headed sharks. Anacondas vs Crocodiles. You name it. I love it. On TV. I keep my dignity by not renting these movies.

I kind of feel another blog post coming. Different topic. Hold on.

To end. At least I can show my face in my car again. The car wash that was about 2 months overdue..oh. I also ran a 8km, we also cut our hair, washed our tables and had some fun..




.

No comments:

Post a Comment