Thursday 17 May 2012

That thing called balance

Although I have excellent balance when doing things like jumping, running and generally walking, I have yet to completely master the act of balance in my life. Yes, yes I know. Those who know me might be jumping up and down right now ready to argue, but let me explain. Or try to. For all I know you may be right.
I have mentioned a few times that my life is a bit of a juggling act. Fun extra fact: I can actually juggle three balls decently (This was not meant to sound like I am referring to my three kids until I typed it...). So I have work, I have kids, school commitments, a sad social life, friends, family, a home with washing and dishes, and all the normal stuff. I guess for now I can thank my lucky stars that I do not have a significant other. Although...if he can juggle, we might be on to something.
So, my argument is that I have to get some sort of routine going where I make time for the things I so want (and need) in my life. First and most important is running again. I long for the days when I could just lace up my shoes and go for a run. Not huffing and puffing. And not never having time for it. I could really use more of that thing called time as well! Especially in the week after work.
I’ve sort of come up with a plan for this. At least 3 time a week  for a start (Monday – Sunday) I am going to run a set distance until that distance becomes easy. I’ve decided on the nature reserve below our house – I think it is about 5km of hills and stretches to run around the reserve. So straight from work, or twice on weekends, I will run around set reserve. No excuses accepted. My mom / dad / brother or all the above can watch the kids for that small space of time.
This small thing will restore balance in my life, I know this from experience: how a simple thing as exercise can change your whole life.
So, as much as I hate saying it.. I’m starting tomorrow. And I will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment