Saturday 27 October 2012

Garden days. Market days.

In the spirit of always trying something new, today we went (on a whim) to the open gardens of the Rotary Club of SA. Same as the steam trains, what a unexpected surprise.

Of course the gardens were perfect. Every corner a little gem and surprise. I couldn't fool the people there, so I went for honesty. No I do not have a clue what any flower is called. But I love pretty. And I can appreciate beauty. And I'm open to learn.

So with a full schedule already, I could fit in today.

Start. Ready.. Steady.

 
 And go!
 


I will try not to use the word awesome again after a sure over use in my steam train post. But this was a great experience. We ate breakfast (with some hoolahooping), and on our schedule was any or all of the following (weather permitting):
 
(A) IF the weather plays along. we would have gone back to the Park with the slide. I even bought board shorts for the occasion. The whole pool is shallow, but if you go down the slide and you are not a confident swimmer, you will need someone there. Me being the someone, meant me walking into waist deep water and being there to catch the slider. So now we are prepared. For a sunny day.
(B) We also had to pick up all their school supplies and new Gr. 1 clothes for my eldest. I know I could have postponed it. But all the class allocations were this week, and we were riding the wave. So I went with it. They wanted it all. So they can look, and organise, and unpack, and repack. I understand that, so I entertain that.
(C) We got a invite to a neighbourhood Christmas Market. Now we all overlook a beautiful nature reserve, but said neighbour has a to die for house. Views and one of those pools. Evidence below..Was fun though. People and a view, combined with crafts and gifts. You had me at hello.
(D) Our farm / tea garden. They went through our photos of the last year, and they wanted to go there again. I said yes. Maybe. Depends when we get through with B and C and the gardens. And a possible A.
 
Tomorrow is all set for more of the same with lunch with the family. But guess what? I took leave on Monday. Yes, because I have some stuff to deal with. But also because of why not.
 
So to start, one of our hoolahoop champs.
 
Posing in some pretty garden..
 5th stop. Coffee and crafts at our neighbours.. watching the animals walk by while having tea on the one patio..

Exploring new corners.
Pool with a view, and no end.
 Pretty idea for crates against the wall.
I can not believe how full circle this is. Same school. Same dress. Years later.
If you know me, you would know I love wooden crates. Well..any organising tool is a win my life!
 Gorillas in the garden!
Yes, I bought one of these.
 And these..
 Owning the garden. Like it was ours. Oh. but we can dream. and plan. and take notes and plan some more!
Except some more tomorrow. Once you start having fun, it's hard to stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment