Friday 26 October 2012

October on repeat in Blue.

I think I've repeated this a few times on all social media and to the people who happen to speak to me. But I've been stuck on the band Blue October this month (among others). Yes, I match my music to the month of the year. I'm organised like that.

I know the whole context of some of their songs are not entirely connected to my situation. But I just love some of their lyrics.

I've said it before (I'm on a repeat cycle music and words wise it seems). But I need the few people in my life who still act like my divorce, being alone with three kids etc etc is a reason to worry and pity me. That makes me want to stomp my foot and ask if I give anyone any reason for all this "worry".I should point out that these people are people who do not really feature in my life. But I still hate it that people even feel that they should say that.

So back to the band. Their lyrics in "The Worry List". After the break..


I know that God exists. I held her in my arms.
I never knew I was able to ever feel this strong.
Take me off your worry list, it'll be better that way.
I'm really fine, no there's nothing we haven't talked about.
So take me off your worry list, I said "Throw it away".

And of course. Balance Beam. I love the pictures his words draw. That she is a girl who deserves a fairytale. And he is just falling around in her life. Trying to be the perfect guy for her. And she is the balance beam. This is my understanding. And I like it.

One: You've got to take it kind of slowly
Two: You've got to hurry up and make your move
Three: You've got to tell her that she's pretty*
Four: You've got to be the perfect gentleman
When you shake the wall, you've got to make it bend
Yeah you're got to show her that she's a balance beam
And I keep falling all around this fairy tale.

* Pretty is in the live version. Tell her how you are feeling is the album version. I like both.

No comments:

Post a Comment