Friday 12 October 2012

Music saves the day..

Music saves most days and moods.
It really does feel like some songs were custom written just for me. And I know most people feel like this. That’s what I love about music.
I do not claim to be a music expert. I am also not one of those people who are uppity about their music selection. So don’t even dare lift an eyebrow at anything I say music wise. I am old enough to know what I like. I do not defend my choices. Because they are mine. Plus I have no need to fit in with someone else’s idea of cool. So without further ado. Music on repeat this week:
The whole Ben Howard album. Discovered him when my older brother posted his music on my Facebook wall because my cover photo reminded him of a song. What he didn’t mention is that the song (Keep your head up) also fits my situation perfectly.
Mumford and Sons. The whole album plus new songs. But the three songs I am stuck on this week is “The Cave”, “Awake my Soul” and “Little Lion Man”.
Blue October. I don’t know much about this band. Discovered their music on my laptop. Love them. Favourite song: Balance Beam.
Bedouin Soundclash: “Walls fall down”. Just love this band.
Imagine Dragons. It started with “It’s Time”. Now I just love them.
Other music in the mix, depending on the day and the weather, is Damien Rice, Boxcar Racer, Dave Matthews, Muse, James, The Killers and Vampire Weekend.
Today the day is grey, and rainy. Perfect for a Friday.
Ps. I do not think the people at the office fully appreciate how calm music can keep me. Our office can be loud. Most days I function with one earphone bud in. Louder crazy days, I use both. Saves lifes.
 Pps. When I have to be in court for my divorce, I wish I can make the judge a mix tape of how I feel. They say it so much better than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment