Sunday 10 February 2013

Roses and Love..

I have made no secret about me loving love, with all the bows and hearts and arrows that go with it. Mentions have been obvious. Recap?

One.. My extensive book collection consisting of 95% happily ever after, sometimes trashy (what some might call "beach reading") books, my DVD and PVR favourites.. all happy. Princes and castles. Horses and sunsets. Check and Check.

Then the fact that even though I have been let down by love, I am still a torch bearer and the first person who will fight for love.

My Pins.. Yes. I have a "Someday" board. And I have no shame. I am old enough to know what I want and young enough to still know that it can happen.

Back to this weekend. I'm a firm believer that every weekend deserves a adventure. Big or small. So we try something new (new place, new art, new restaurant, new park, new sight etc) every weekend that we do not have a party (or 3).

This will be the point that I divert from my point again and remember what someone said to me on Friday. I hate allowing people's words who do not really know me or are not close to me to affect me, but as I have said before, I truly believe my car accident in September along with me turning 30 in July adjusted my honesty bone. I just can not be bothered anymore. What this person said was: "So how are the girls?". Me:"Great, happy it is Friday because no after school activities and I pick them up early and we have fun". Person:"But weekends, you probably hate that right? All three at home and busy. Must drive you crazy". Me:...silence.. "No. that is exactly why I love weekends...." and cue the song... "..If you don't know me by now...". 12 years.

Too bad some ties can not be cut. From my side I can not ever imagining any drama big enough to cut out extended family. But why they have to make it hard. For the last 12 years I have tried, and smiled and nodded, and agreed, and tried. Now? Comments like that. No one has time in for that in this short and beautiful life.

Weekend of roses is what we had. And I was impressed. Haven't been to the rose farm in years.

Walking in there is a huge gazebo. Sun above, earth below. Roses (millions) around us.


Driving the Tractor / Train along the rose mile.


Bliss.


Playground at Ludwigs. Awesome.

Me playing with the coke bottles and all the flowers they bring me.


Discovering the (currently empty but still beautiful) butterfly garden.


The venue at Ludwig's. Awesome. Wouldn't mind my next wedding amongst the roses.


August our helper impressing the girls. Picked us some roses.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment