Thursday 19 April 2012

It being IT

I hate stating the obvious, but some days just live up to their reputations.  Today was Thursday. Best said in Afrikaans: Donderdag. "Thunder Day". I would love to have something specifically to actually complain about, but it just was. But here is just some of my excuses.. in no particular order.


1. After, count it, 19 days (including holidays and weekends) of not being connected at work, IT finally showed up. More than that I can't say..

2. I met the saddest IT guy in the world. I don't want to sound like a IT snob, but I think I have been spoiled with IT in the past. Every IT person I've ever come across has been knowledgeable, clean cut and just nice. I've met those who speak only in their terms, and look at you weird if you explain that your laptop made "clunk",  but even then they at least helped. This guy that showed up was the cousin of someones cousin. He is probably 19, dresses like he just came from a fishing camp trip (and smells like that too - that fire smell from campside) and mumbled one syllable answers to everything.

3. I could see his boxers.

4. I think I just accidentally undid all the work he did (for the 45 odd minutes he was busy). My bad. But he connected my Outlook, and disconnected my Internet. I needed it. So I changed the settings back and all the short cuts he set up.. is gone. So happy tomorrow is Friday.

Fridays I only work until 2. I'm thinking movie and spend some time with my 3.

Early night to end this day.

Have I mentioned tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment