Monday 23 April 2012

Selling out, Money and Moving on Up

I've touched on this cliche before, for the simple reason that it has been so true in my life: When it rain it pours. And this is nice downpour. With pancakes..if you know what I mean.



For months I apply, and job seek, and take every chance possible. I contacted a few network friends too many times - but when all you want to do is work, irritating a few people is low on your list worries. And then one day, you get a call. You get excited. Not all you wanted, but a great opportunity. And just as you walk through the door, you get another call. Then a email. And now to decide. Be nice, be loyal, or take a chance. Settle, or take a chance. I love choice, but for where I am now. I want stable. Just for now. I want a sure deal. I want permanent. And settle means more money. But left or right. Up or down. Most opportunities that cross my path has a element of chance.

I want nothing more than to believe that this time around I will not be Ms. Nice girl. I will choose what is the absolute best for me and my 3.


Because dammit. This year I will get everything I want. A job, a new home by spring, a few blind dates and kisses, a sea holiday for my 3 and a end to the last chapter. And less worry.



I want it all. And 2012 is my year. I know this already.

No comments:

Post a Comment