Wednesday 4 April 2012

My Mind and Complicated Relationships


Breaking News, or “Hear Ye, Hear Ye”: I am my own worst enemy. Or my mind is. And everyday at a certain point it is Menanteau 1. Mind 2…

What my problem is: I have landed a job that can be near perfect. I’m basically starting something along with someone (who has the resources), and I am able to build it up. This I can do. This I know. This sounds familiar.

My day has these ups and down. Half the time I am sure I can take on the world. Change the map for Skills Development in South Africa. Sell ice to an Eskimo. And then I start thinking. Then I have a quiet moment, waiting for a site to update. Waiting for a call. Waiting for my dying laptop to start up again. Then my mind starts to wander. And then it questions me. If my mind was on Facebook, and we were in a relationship, it would be “It’s complicated”.

Another great hurdle in my life, placed there before the race even started, is that I “peak” at all the wrong times. Midday my inspiration runs low most days. After 8:30pm? I am the Bolt of the Training world. Ideas, confidence, I have it all. This is ironically also the time I come up with punch lines long after the joke has died.

So new rule in this club: No more psyching myself out. I think I need that guy from the Adam Sandler movies on the sidelines yelling “you can do iiitt”. And I need to get over my mind. I’m thinking friends with benefits?

Watch this space for the next best thing that happened to Skills Development in South Africa since, since well sliced bread.

I’ll need some ice for this. And anyone know any Eskimos?

No comments:

Post a Comment