Monday 26 March 2012

Kissing, Hugging and Handshakes

I went to a birthday picnic at Rietvlei Nature Reserve. All the people there were friends or friends of friends that I've known for years, but somehow I always get the kiss or hug part wrong. Maybe always is too strong, but at least 60% of the time.

What happens is when you greet, some people come in for the hug but then expect a kiss. Some people come in for the full on the mouth, others for the cheek. Don't even get me started on the double cheek kissers. What I do is go in without really thinking (or planning) and that makes for some awkward "I go left, you go left, right, nose bump" scenarios. I guess it's the thought that counts. Everyone ends up greeted. Awkwardly or not :)

I guess the way I take pictures of the dam explains my kissing misses..

No comments:

Post a Comment