Saturday 24 March 2012

Time and space and randomness

I can't believe it's been days since I blogged. Sound like a confessional to me. It hasn't been for my lack of trying that is for sure. Seems sometimes even people with "all the time in the world" can't manage to fit it all in to 12 odd hours.


This is one of the things I am sensitive about. I have never seen being a mom, or a full time worker, or just generally busy as a reason why you should not be informed and keep abreast with day to day trending topics. Do I know it all? Off course not. But I do make time. And with all the resources today, it hardly takes a few minutes a day to know enough to keep up with a conversation.

I touched on this in my very first post - about people accusing me of being on Facebook / Twitter etc a lot. I skip a day or two here and there, and I don't post on days where I am either very busy, or in a bad mood. I prefer to keep some things personal. In the same breath I do not feel the need to explain myself. But things like this tends to get you on your back legs. Since I carry with me all the normal guilt complexes that comes with being responsible for me plus 3, I don't like it when people make you feel like you are.. I don't know.. wasting time? Not doing enough? Knowing it isn't true helps me ignore it most days. Not liking confrontation over trivial subjects helps the other times,but there is always that one person that asks exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong moment. And in these cases you should know: It really is NOT you, it is me. Cliche but true. And no I will not say sorry for it all. Just for growling at you :)

Off the topic. This Friday I was lucky enough to spend the morning with the kids of a school called Pathways. They went on a trip to the Moreletakloof Nature Reserve, and we walked with them in nature. Days like this just makes you want to give your own kids a extra hug (or 10) and just say thank you, thank you, thank you. Below is some of the kids. I can say the same to the: Thank you. And Wow. How trivial are we to complain when everything is smooth sailing?








No comments:

Post a Comment