Saturday 10 March 2012

Solo movie date

I really like going to the movies. Alone. Don't get me wrong, I love it with friends or date (ha ha) or kids as well. But if I get a spare moment, I just go on my own. This has lead to some free (I'm sure pity) movie tickets over time. They spot me at my local movie house and refuse to let me pay. Poor girl going to the movies alone.

My three spent the day with "their dad". (That is how I prefer to refer to him. Cuts down on awkward divorce questions in my opinion). So since I had an unexpected day to myself, I planned a lot of stuff and did a few. Step one was a quick bath with my *smutty* book. This is a rare treat because someone is always barging in on me. That ended up being a nearly 2 hour bath, and thus I missed the first movie slot. So I took some time, and waited for 14:00. Then my brother showed up and we had a impromptu, very long discussion on the whole Kony2012 saga. We drank wine, we talked. We disagreed and agreed and had some more wine and biscuits. Seems I will not be getting a cool campaign t-shirt after all.

So that brings me to my night. I faced what was clearly date night at the mall to go to the movies by my dressed up lonesome self. I guess "dressed up and made up" doesn't elicit the same pity as "dressed down" solo day movies, so I did pay the full R45. My movie of choice? This means war. I enjoyed it. It is my kind of movie: Romantic, comedy, predictable with a happy ending. Insert two hot guys, one with a British accent and tattoos, and you had me at This.

On the topic (or maybe off, it's Saturday who is holding score) of debate and movies, in the movie the character Reese plays has to choose between aforementioned British tattooed guy who plays a nice guy with a kid, and pretty blue eyed boy played by Chris Pine. Without spoiling it, both win in the end. But I would have picked the other team. My evidence. Pretty boy vs Not conventionally attractive but that has that charm. I'd pick Tuck aka Tom. Shoot me, but I like a guy (especially in this hypothetical choice) to have a little something else. Something a little left of perfect. And what girl doesn't like to sometimes pick someone who is not perfect to take to mom ;) Wearing plaid so well, leather, v-neck t-shirts and having an British accent doesn't hurt his case. But that's a story for another post.







No comments:

Post a Comment