Tuesday 13 March 2012

Part 2: Action plan and stuff

I'm not to keen on cliff-hangers, so without further ado, Part 2 of the just published Part 1.

So to kick start my plan to make this the start of the rest of my life, I figured why be original. I'm doing a list of  "Things to do before I am 30". Some I want to do before my birthday, some before the end of 2012, and most as soon as possible. I might add some later, as with most of my best ideas and witty comebacks, it doesn't always come on demand.

  1. Find a great job, or a good job at a great company and work myself up.
  2. Find a new house.
  3. Take my 3 to the beach for a holiday.
  4. Take a roadtrip for a fun weekend away.
  5. Go to Cape Town for the weekend away. This one I want to do alone or with a friend or two.
  6. I have roughly 4 months before it is my birthday (Who am I kidding, I counted: 110 days). Before then (and number 5) I want to lose that pesky 10kg's again. I managed that last year but some came back. I want to lose that AND some more and feel good again.
  7. I entered a triple challenge. I do 5km and 10km road races even in my unfit state. But I want to do more. First race was a 10km in February. So next up: a 15km the day before my birthday. I've never ran more than 12 odd kilometres at a time. Walk yes, ride yes.
  8. Do my first half marathon on the 10th of November. Already entered. Already nervous!
  9. Finalize my divorce. I just want happiness for us both and above all the three. I'll admit that I'll be glad when this is behind me. I'm hoping civilsised from his side.
  10. Go on at least two blind dates. Or just dates. Doesn't have to lead anywhere, just want to get back on that horse.
  11. Kiss someone in the rain. Or sunshine. Even at night. I'm not above admitting I miss making out with someone special. I'll settle for a sprinkler as well. (#10 and #11 will obviously happen after #9. Don't give me that look dad).
  12. Paint a wall red. It's just one of those things.
  13. Finish a art project. I'm forever doing art with my kids (for my kids). I want to do something like a painting (abstract, I'm no Picasso). And I want to repaint some of my wood furniture.
  14. Sing karaoke.
  15. Have a spa day with my best friends.
  16. Do something for a charity.
  17. Go to one of the music festivals that always look like such fun (not Oppikoppi).
  18. Put up a bookshelve on my own. I'll probably have to put up 20 for all my books.
  19. Make good on a few promises I made my kids. First that comes to mind is painting their rooms again. One yellow/red and orange room, one pink and purple. Their first rooms were all painted, but the last house I only bought new duvets etc. Rooms remained beige. They deserve bright rooms. Fit for a princess.
  20. Actually garden and keep some plants alive.
Twenty for now seems like a good end. I can never read those lists that has three digits in.

I guess I should get back to that number 1.

Note to self: Remember to buy a lotto ticket tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment