Tuesday 20 March 2012

Trail running and being a adult

My whole school life and some years beyond that, I was always a really fit runner. I ran, played netball, hockey, road races and went to gym at least 3 time a week. That all changed in the last 5 years. Coincidentally my eldest is also 5 years old.

I've kept on running and even did a bootcamp last year. But life and being a single mom makes exercise a bit low on the list of priorities. This is one of the things I've been trying to break free of. I still only run, walk or exercise whenever I get a gap, but I am tired of the excuses. And the weight for that matter.

I've always been fond of trail running. So this morning I did a 7.3km run with my younger brother. This being my younger, gravity defying, fit brother.


I also did something decidedly adult tonight. I went to the nomination and voting night for the school board. Turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought. Sat next to some nice people and made fun of the speeches of the 15 candidates. There was some really nice, inspiring speeches that won my vote, and then there was the IT guy that got up and read his CV off his ipad. In detail.

The deciding factor why I went? The school organised a puppet show with milo and cookies for all the kids while we voted. They wanted to go, so I went.



Making noise and dinner was fun. My kids asked me why I always sing and dance in the kitchen. My answer? Because they make me happy. I won't take it to heart that they say I can not sing. It was a hard song to sing! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment