Thursday 8 March 2012

Thursday

I know. I hate obvious people too. And my heading would be stating the obvious. But my feelings for Thursday have always been summed up perfectly by The Cure:

I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love.
My mind is already planning Friday, my body sadly stuck in Thursday.
I'm a planning type of person. So today, with the lack of anything like a day job to fill my day, I planned my Friday night. I'm planning to be unsocial. That's how I prefer my Fridays. Me & the three normally just forget routine. Watch a movie. Everything everyday and routine can wait until Saturday. I'll keep Saturday morning for a post all on its own as I can get quite lyrical about Saturday mornings when I'm allowed more than 140 characters.
So tomorrow night I'm planning to have a particularly girly Friday night. Movies booked: Barbie in the Mermaid Tail. One Day starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess (yum), and What's your number starring Anna Faris and Chris Evans (pretty boy). Some romance, some comedy, some sad and some fun. Sounds like all we need is rain and a duvet!
Last little story of this morning: As I dropped the twins off at school, we were designing our ideal cars. They are all saving up for respectively two Mini Coopers (one yellow, one red) and one VW Beetle (Varies between pink, purple and red). So this morning one starts designing a all out Barbie Beetle. So I start suggesting more Barbie clothes and other accessories, growing her blonde hair longer.. She quips with a laugh: "No! I don't want to LOOK like Barbie, she isn't real. I just want to look like me with Barbie stickers on my car!". I was cheering for that comment.


Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment