Tuesday 13 March 2012

Part 1: Twenty something for now.


I'm not a number person, not in age or simple maths. So I don't really care much about turning 30 this year. But allow me to point out somethings anyway, to explain why I feel like I need to do something significant this year. And because the sum of my life includes three little people, the pressure is on. I want to have a Steve Jobs moment on my deathbed. I also want to say "wow" looking back at all parts of my life.

I've mentioned before about the timeline of my life being a bit messed up right now. And that is putting it mildly. Without using the nicer terms like I usually do, I can guess I can be classified as homeless, jobless and single with baggage (don't you just hate that term). But I prefer my mixed up timeline or pages missing analogy. So I dated a frog, then married said frog and basically the moment we said I do, he fell off a roof (really) and things went south from there. We had three princesses in a blink of an eye, but things between us was over and I was basically alone from day 1. Even with all that life was good. 2012 was the hiccup. My contract ended (leaving me jobless and hunting for now), my rent went up and townhouse sold (which left me homeless and living with the parentals) and I am currently finalising my divorce (finally after 3 single years, I want to be officially single).

So this is part 1 of my "Turning 30" blogpost. Putting it in writing and out in the world feels more official. It's like having a gym or a running buddy.

So all my happiness and laughing in the face of life aside, it does really suck that all this just had to happen in the year that I turn 30. Mayan predictions aside, I'm ready for the best part of my life to start. And I'll be dammed if I do not do my best to ensure that I do.

Why do I feel like I'll need a cape for this? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment