Sunday 11 March 2012

Writing on walls and Sunday blues

Sunday means braai for our family. Any season, any weather. Today the wind picked up unexpectedly, but thankfully we had our new early warning weather system ready to go.

My kids are really, really tech savvy. My oldest (above on my brother's shoulders), is always playing on my laptop (after graduating from my Blackberry). And now my twins are conquering my Blackberry. I thank BB everyday for the child lock. But today they managed to send some random people messages, and wrote on an acquaintance's wall on Facebook. Keeps my timeline interesting, and since I couldn't beat their update today, I left it.


When I wrote my Twitter bio stating that I am three times happier than most, I meant it. Except for the fact that I have the privilege of spending my days with my cool kids, I just don't believe in letting life get me down. But I guess if I'm going to reflect, Sunday kind of suits the cause.

I'm not going in deep tonight. But I miss the relationship stuff. Guess I can blame the romantic movies I watched all weekend. But I miss things like watching the Sunday movie cuddling on the couch. Having adult conversations with someone not on Twitter or Facebook. Going out to dinner (and not a Spur on kids eat free day). Just having someone there for me that is actually a partner in every way.Someone that knows me for me. I can act as strong as I want, but I've always been a person who loves relationships. So I'm actually just wishing away this whole mess I am in at the moment so that I can move on. Life is really too short and way to much fun to be dragged down by the stupid fights that comes along with a divorce. And it's not me fighting, but I also can't just accept. I just want to see my kids happy. And if (no when) I can find love again that would just be the perfect life. End of story. I even want the sunset.

Bring on Monday. And hopefully that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment